When the VIP beta came to an end, we drew some conclusions from the feedbacks received from testers. And since then, we have been working on them. Here are the main changes we have brought to Act of Aggression since the first beta.
As we had stated in the immediate aftermath of the VIP Beta, for technical & U.I. reasons we had very little leeway in changing the zoom. Hence we have worked on the problem from a different angle, especially decreasing the size of some of the game’s biggest elements: buildings & planes.
Buildings being smaller makes for smaller bases, usually fitting in one screen without having to scroll.
Having smaller planes has an effect on the previous feeling that they were too slow.
Also, the Satellite View is no more linked to the Air Control Center. It will be available from the start, and all along the game … as long as your base isn’t under power shortage.
– Units lethality was decreased all over the board, by about 10%.
– Tactical weapons‘ preeminence was reduced by giving them a longer cool down time.
– The slowest infantry units were made faster (although not the US Mortar).
– Improved air combat feedbacks.
– Units’ automatic behavior was vastly improved (targeting priorities, giving assistance to nearby friendly unit under attack, securing prisoners in their close vicinity, …).
– Networks … are gone. Pure and simple. Buildings once dedicated to establishing new networks are now to be used to set secondary base or forward resources depots.
– Banks & resources fields‘ durability and income increased. Meaning you will get more money and over a longer time, which should boost the pace of production and expansion.
– Tankers’ automatic behavior improved (automatic assignment to a closer drop-off point, easier reassignment to a specific refinery, …).
U.I. / FEEDBACKS:
– Improved readability (markers on infantry units, group numbers, …).
– Special abilities & range (healing, anti-stealth detection, survey, …) clearly highlighted by dedicated FX.
– More & clearer economy feedbacks (specific resources & power shortage, refinery range and number of deposits covered, …).
– Adding new weapons’ FX & SFX.
– Fixing some units’ acknows. Besides, more are coming …
– Improved minimap (more detailed, specific feedbacks, …).
– Event log readability improved, and moved in the upper left corner.
– Adding A.I. to play with or against.
– Adding observator mode.